16.3.14

MAPLE MUSTARD SALMON

Originating from a certain fake butter advertisement, this salmon recipe is absolutely brilliant. My man and I have a low threshold of tolerance when it comes to the media. We don’t watch TV – the programming is idiotic and the commercials are nothing but lies. It is hard enough to decipher the news; I don’t wish to broaden my mind with the inns and outs of popular culture. This brings me to the remake of Carl Sagan’s Cosmos by astrophysicist’s Neil deGrasse Tyson. I waited for it for months and then last Sunday we turned the TV on to watch Cosmos. It was a bit of a letdown. Always a disappointment when someone we like says something biased or misinformed. My heart sank when Tyson credited Fred Hoyle with the Big Bang. Hoyle may have come up with the expression, but by then it wasn't an original idea and certainly not his.

Einstein and Lemaitre in 1933

The originator of the Big Bang theory and the man who changed the mind of Albert Einstein on the true origin of the created Universe was a Belgian priest, mathematician and physicist, Father Georges Lemaitre. I will be watching to see how Tyson deals with Galileo, because there too the real reason he was put in jail has been largely misrepresented by popular culture. He wasn't jailed over his support of Copernican astronomy. The Pope allowed him to publish the heliocentric model, but since Galileo had no proof, he was ordered to give equal time to the geocentric model. This he did. Except that he also presented the Pope as an imbecile. Heads rolled for less in those days. Back to the fake butter commercial. I saw it before the Cosmos. With one disappointment down one good dish made an appearance on Friday. 

MAPLE MUSTARD SALMON
2 small salmon fillets 
1/8 cup butter, melted 
1/4 cup pure maple syrup 
1 tsp Dijon mustard 
1/4 tsp soy sauce 
salt and pepper to taste 

• Preheat oven to 425F. 
• Arrange salmon in a baking dish. 
• Melt the butter in microwave. 
• Combine with mustard, soy sauce and maple syrup. 
• Pour mixture over the salmon fillets. 
• Bake for 12 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork. 
• Serve hot with extra sauce over the top.

Privacy & Cookies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Policy

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for the family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized the recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on "ZSUZSA'S COOKBOOK". From there click on any of the chapters to access the recipes. For the archive just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am not profiting from my blog, so visitors are not harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. The recipes are not broken up with photos at every step. Where needed the photos are placed following the recipe. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!