- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut off chunks from a baking chocolate bar. Aim for about 2 cups. There will be some chunks and some finer shavings. But don’t worry, it’s all good.
- In a large bowl beat the butter, sugars, vanilla and the egg until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, soda and the salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir to combine. The dough will be very soft, but do NOT add more flour.
- Scrape in the chocolate chunks including the shaved bits.
- Give it a stir to combine.
- Loosely gather up a cookie sized chunk of dough with your fingers and plunk it down on the prepared cookie sheet at 2 -3 inch intervals. It is crucial not to squeeze the dough at any time. Don’t shape it at all. It will settle into a lovely round shape as long as you leave sufficient space between the cookies to grow.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to solidify before moving them onto a wire rack to cool.
- Makes 15
CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2+1/8 cup granulated sugar
1/8 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp soda [no more]
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups good quality baking chocolate bar chunks
1-1/2 cups roasted, chopped nuts (optional)
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ALMOND MARMALADE CAKE
- CARAMEL WALNUT BARS
- USING UP FRUIT
- TINY SALTY TEA BISCUITS - SÓS APRÓ TEASÜTEMÉNY
- POACHING SOCKEYE with VEGETABLES AND STOCK
- COCOA SNAILS - KAKAÓSCSIGA
- LAMINATED YEAST PASTRY - BLUNDELL TÉSZTA
- MARMALADE TEA CAKE
- PORRIDGE BREAD
- RAISIN EGG BREAD
- BREADING and FRYING CUTLETS
- EASTER HAM from READY TO EAT
- HAM HAMBURGERS
- NUTELLA PISKOTA – NUTELLA PISKÓTA
- WALNUT SQUARES - DIÓS PITE
- CARROT MUFFINS
- CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- BUTTER ROLLS
- ▼ April (19)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (202)