- In the bowl of your stand mixer, place all the ingredients.
- With the flat beater on low speed beat and fully incorporate the dough. The dough will be wet and sticky.
- Switch to a dough hook and beat the dough vigorously for 5 minutes or until the sides of the bowl is cleared. You can knead the dough by hand on a floured surface, but this is a sticky-dough and additional flour will result in a denser loaf.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turn it over and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let it rise until it doubles. Time can vary.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a rectangle to fit your baking sheet.
- Scatter the raisins on top from end to end.
- Roll it up and cut in half.
- Turn the cut end slightly under to cover any raisins sticking out.
- Place the two loaves on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with melted butter.
- Allow the bread to rest for about 20 minutes, but no longer in a warm, draft-free place. It will rise a bit but not a whole lot.
- Turn the oven to 500F. Set the timer for 9 minutes.
- Place the breads in the preheated oven. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
RAISIN EGG BREAD
I was playing with the egg bread again. Yesterday I invented two new recipes. This one is a sweet version with raisins. In retrospect, I wished I would have put more raisins in it and the recipe reflects this desire. We love bread and the odd time we run out and buy a loaf, we never finish it and invariably gets turned into fine breadcrumbs. But then I use lots of breadcrumbs so it doesn’t go to waste. If I wasn’t a bread-maker, I think I could be convinced to go off of bread altogether. Sometimes the thought terrifies me not being well enough to cook my own food and having to move into an old folk’s home and being force-fed with store bought bread. They will have to force me to eat the stuff.
Raisin Egg Bread
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp instant yeast
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vinegar
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup durum wheat semolina
1 cup lukewarm water
flour for handling
1 cup raisins
melted butter for brushing
Raisin Egg Bread
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ALMOND MARMALADE CAKE
- CARAMEL WALNUT BARS
- USING UP FRUIT
- TINY SALTY TEA BISCUITS - SÓS APRÓ TEASÜTEMÉNY
- POACHING SOCKEYE with VEGETABLES AND STOCK
- COCOA SNAILS - KAKAÓSCSIGA
- LAMINATED YEAST PASTRY - BLUNDELL TÉSZTA
- MARMALADE TEA CAKE
- PORRIDGE BREAD
- RAISIN EGG BREAD
- BREADING and FRYING CUTLETS
- EASTER HAM from READY TO EAT
- HAM HAMBURGERS
- NUTELLA PISKOTA – NUTELLA PISKÓTA
- WALNUT SQUARES - DIÓS PITE
- CARROT MUFFINS
- CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- BUTTER ROLLS
- ▼ April (19)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)