12.10.17

MAPLE CUPCAKES

I brought home a neat little book from the library titled Baked Explorations by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito. I picked the moist, luscious maple cupcake recipe, it is perfect for fall. When the wildfires were burning I said I could hardly wait for winter, but now I am not so sure. O maple sweetness help me with my melancholy. I made half the recipe. The piping job was hasty but the cupcakes are delicious.

MAPLE CUPCAKES
3 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, soft
2 Tbsp vegetable shortening, don’t ask me why
2 cups PURE maple syrup, the real stuff
3 egg yolks
1 large egg
1-1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped [I left these out]
parchment paper liners or butter
Cream Cheese Maple Icing:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, soft, make sure unsalted
226g cream cheese
4 icing sugar, sifted
2 Tbsp maple syrup

  • Preheat the oven to 350F.
  • Line two 12 cup cupcake pans with parchment paper liners or butter them generously.
  • Sift together the flour, baking powder, and the salt.
  • In the bowl of a standing mixer beat the butter and shortening until fluffy.
  • Turn the beater to low and gradually stream in the maple syrup.
  • Increase the speed to medium and beat for 3 minutes.
  • Add the egg yolks and the egg, one at a time and beat to combine.
  • Add half of the flour mixture, combine and then add the milk.
  • Add the remaining flour and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
  • Fold in the walnuts if using.
  • Fill the prepared cupcake pans.
  • Bake the cupcakes for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Please note, these cupcakes take longer to bake with the maple syrup.
  • Let them cupcakes cool for 15 minutes and then transfer them to wire racks to cool down completely.
  • Prepare the Cream Cheese Maple Icing.
    Beat the soft butter and the icing sugar until completely frothy. Add the cream cheese and beat until just combined. Do not overbeat once the creamcheese is added.
  • Store the cupcakes in the fridge but let them come to room temperature before serving.

Privacy & Cookies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Policy

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for the family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized the recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on "ZSUZSA'S COOKBOOK". From there click on any of the chapters to access the recipes. For the archive just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am not profiting from my blog, so visitors are not harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. The recipes are not broken up with photos at every step. Where needed the photos are placed following the recipe. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!